The Perfect Sourdough Bread
Creating the perfect loaf of sourdough bread is an art that combines tradition, patience, and a touch of science. The end result is a rustic, flavorful bread with a crisp crust and a soft, chewy interior. This recipe for The Perfect Sourdough Bread will guide you through the process, helping you achieve bakery-quality results right in your own kitchen.
- 500g bread flour
- 350g water
- 100g active sourdough starter
- 10g salt
- Combine the bread flour and water in a mixing bowl and let it rest for 30 minutes to an hour, allowing the flour to hydrate.
- Add the active sourdough starter and salt to the mixture. Mix well to form a sticky dough.
- Perform a series of stretch and folds every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours of the bulk fermentation, allowing the dough to rise and develop strength.
- Shape the dough and transfer it to a proofing basket. Let it rise in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat your oven and a Dutch oven to 450°F (230°C). Score the dough and bake it in the preheated Dutch oven for 30 minutes with the lid on, then 15 minutes with the lid off for a golden crust.
Total time: 12-15 hours
Yield: 1 loaf
Enjoy the delightful aroma and taste of freshly baked sourdough bread. The perfect balance of flavors and textures makes this sourdough bread a delightful addition to any meal.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 200, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 1g
Crafting The Perfect Sourdough Bread is a journey worth taking. The satisfaction of slicing into a beautifully baked loaf, the aroma that fills your kitchen, and the joy of sharing it with loved ones make it all worthwhile. Embrace the process, and may your sourdough adventures be filled with delicious success!